[TYPO3-typo3org] Security

Denyerec denyerec at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 09:59:19 CET 2010

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 02:48:29 -0000, Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org>
wrote:
>> if I go to typo3.org I can find a lot of security issues but no link to
>> report an issue. Why?
>
> It's here: http://typo3.org/teams/security/contact-us/
>
> - michael

I am aware that the current .org site is undergoing it's Nth redesign and
relaunch but, given that all previous attempts have so far not succeeded
does it seem wise to just say "Things are here, and they are staying where
they are" ? It could be another 4 years before the .org website finally
gets done if the luck doesn't improve :)

The user-path to most of the important information regarding Typo3 is
convoluted at best, for example clicking "Teams", reading some not
particularly guiding content before finally spotting "Security" in tiny
writing on the left hand menu and daring to click it...  No good at all.

Security is hugely important and from what I've seen over the years the
team at TYPO3 does an utterly fantastic job. It's just a crying shame to
see so much of this effort, not to mention essential, hugely marketable
effort, shoved into some tiny corner of the website along with the rest of
TYPO3's golden nuggets.

Sorry for ranting, but the mis-marketing of excellent products really
hacks me off.

Regards,
Denyer

-----