[TYPO3-typo3org] Signed SSL-certificate

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Feb 17 15:24:30 CET 2010

Guys, I appreciate your initiative, but in my opinion this is not a question
of money. If the decision is that CAcert is not acceptable for us, then I am
sure we have the money to buy such a certificate.

For me it is more a philosophical decision to support a related project. If
everyone would insist on OpenOffice having 100% import quality for MS Office
documents, there would probably be no OpenOffice today. And if companies
would insist on using MSSQL as their only database system, then TYPO3 would
probably not be where it is today.

Just to repeat this again: In my opinion, forge and svn are developer
systems. I understand that a browser warning may scare people in the first
place, but I also expect that they rather ignore that warning than closing
the window.

- michael