[TYPO3-typo3org] Newsgroups

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Apr 27 12:14:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
>>> But this is only a request of someone that isn't involved in the
>>> technical background required to create and manage "one more list". And
>>> I also cannot guarantee that there will be traffic on the list, just
>>> that I will try to follow it.
>> I once had my own "inn" news daemon in conjunction with mailman running
>> where it was quite easy to create a new group. I do not know which
>> software you are running on news.typo3.org and what the administrative
>> effort is to create such a new group (or a bunch of groups).
>
> We run inn, too. But that's not the point. It is not a problem of being
> able to do it. We could have newsgroups for every city in the world if
> you would like that. The question is, if it makes sense to have them.

sure. But i also think that not many users know that it's possible to
get a NG on request, so they never would ask for.

Do we have a statistic of language pack downloads and language updates?
Would be interesting anyway to see which languages are used in the TYPO3
world. I wondered while coding on EM about some languages like
greenlandic, faroese etc which exists but doesn't have a language pack.

vg Steffen