[TYPO3-typo3org] Newsgroups

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Apr 26 16:16:38 CEST 2010

Michael Stucki schrieb am 26.04.2010 11:28:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Bernhard Kraft wrote:
>> Who is responsible for adding new newsgroups? Is it ok to add a
>> Newsgroup in the "ug" section even if there is no existing usergroup.
>>
>> I am especially talking about a Portuguese language newsgroup.
>> Portuguese is the 5th most spoken language of the world - but we only
>> have a Spanish newsgroup which is like if you ask a French TYPO3 user to
>> use the English Newsgroups - he can do, but he wont like it.
>
> I agree with most of the comments in this thread: Wouldn't add such a
> newsgroup without any demand from a person of that language.

If there were a portuguese group AND people start asking stuff there, I
would gladly respond there in portuguese.

If there were such a group and a portuguese beginner would have a
question, I am sure he will feel himself more comfortable in such a
group than in the main "english" group.

So in this particular case I think it is a chicken / egg problem. :)

But this is only a request of someone that isn't involved in the
technical background required to create and manage "one more list". And
I also cannot guarantee that there will be traffic on the list, just
that I will try to follow it.

Cheers,
Ernesto