[TYPO3-typo3org] Newsgroups

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Sat Apr 24 18:22:26 CEST 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Steffen Kamper
Datum:       24.04.2010 17:37:
> Hi,
>
> Georg Ringer schrieb:
>> Am 24.04.2010 16:18, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
>>> We should have a ng for each language we also support in BE. If
>>> there is
>>> no use for a long time then something is wrong with the marketing in
>>> these countries :)
>>
>> ??
>>
>> I doubt that TYPO3 is much used in Russia but we got at least 2 clients
>> who need russian in the backend for editing content.
>>

> there are a lot, also easy to monitor as you can count download of
> these language packages.
>
>> IMO it makes absolutly no sense to create those newsgroups. It will be
>> empty and if a beginner got a question there won't be enough pros who
>> look & can answer there. If a community is grown, of course they can
>> have their own newsgroup.
>>

> not valid in my eyes. It's alway good to have a native spoken
> community platform. Even if empty someone will start asking who is
> reading this.
> If experts are needed they will ask in dev or english list, but give
> them the chance to build their own community.
>
> And eg if a russion user looks to the lists and don't find a russian
> list he never get the idea asking for one.
>
> vg Steffen
With all the list available it's hard to find thze appropriate one. Even
for a developer ;-)

IMHO NG for a language only makes sense if there are people.
If there is no content people would think that nobody is using it ;-)

So let's create one NG for all languages where people could ask there
questions in native languages.
AND if ther are people out there able to support AND if there are enough
(t.b.d) requests for a language -> create a native NG ;-)

jm2c

Peter