[TYPO3-typo3org] Package matrix incorrect?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Apr 13 11:09:21 CEST 2010

Hi Francois,

>> I agree with Ingmar, it should show 5.2 (which includes any later
>> versions, but nothing older). So 5.1 should not be mentioned here!
>
> OK, I removed 5.1.

Thank you!

>> Our plan was to support 5.1 for as long as there is not 5.2 in RHEL and
>> SLES, so we could silently drop the 5.1 compatibility as soon as this is
>> released.
>
> I would say this was maybe an overly complicated plan and we should be
> more forthright in the future. I think that silently dropping
> compatibility is not a good idea in general.

That's right. However, it's still a pity to say that TYPO3 the
Enterprise CMS does not run out of the box on the most recent RHEL version.

Just notice: RHEL 5.5 is out since March 30, 2010. Maybe it finally
contains a newer PHP version. However, the latest reference I could find
is from the same date and still releases PHP 5.1.6 - in 2010!
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2010-0241.html

- michael