[TYPO3-typo3org] New ter_fe

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Apr 8 09:47:58 CEST 2010

>> As prerequisite it should be much easier to leave a rating or
>> feedback.
>
> hm - this would leed to many false ratings. I've seen some guys
> downloading extension via cron job to raise dl counter etc. It's
> difficult to have user input reliable.

One rating per logged in user && extension version should be no big deal
then ;-)
In the long run the average ratings and download numbers will still give a
good impression of the extensions' success though, since experience shows
that most of the people will play fair.

Or to say in another way: If you stop using good things just because some
assholes might abuse or already abused them, you promote the assholes to
decision makers.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian