[TYPO3-typo3org] Typo3.org is embarrassing

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Sep 18 16:40:58 CEST 2009

redacted user wrote:

Hi Boris,

> Can anybody give me a reason why we (here at our company) should support
> the association any longer when even the most basic things on the
> official website, i repeat on an official website of a CMS, are not
> working? A website which should represent the CMS itself? Why should we
> support a organisation which is not able for years now to relaunch this
> website, which is so essential for the community, for newcomers and for
> decision makers?

because if you do, the chances of having it changed will decrease even
further. Apart from that your membership is not about infrastructure
alone, but also for the general development of TYPO3 - the CMS - itself.

So considering you'd cancel your T3A membership and you continuing to
use TYPO3, would that be a good deal?

all the best
Ingo

P.S. I'm not a member of the T3A yet, but even as a core developer
contributing a lot to the project already I will sign up for membership
soon.

--
Ingo Renner