[TYPO3-typo3org] TER suggestion: Copmmenting system on extensions

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Mar 22 10:56:42 CET 2009

Hi!

Peter Klein wrote:
> What Im suggesting is a commenting system, related to the current version
> displayed at TER, maybe with the possibility to see comments for older
> versions too.

As a user I would prefer to see all comments for the extension but with the version number attached to the comment entry. For example, if user wants to comment on tt_news, his comment will be relevant for almost any latest tt_news version. There is no point to separate these comments and force user to choose another version just to read other comments.

Plugging in comments extension to TER should be very easy, it does not need any changes in TER because it is activated and works automatically using URL parameters. Adding a new field (version) is another story but it should not take much time either. For the beginning someone could just install the comments extension on that page and set parameters appropriately. It is a very easy task. Comments extension was made to be very easy :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team