[TYPO3-typo3org] bugs.typo3.org downtime

Wolfgang Zenker zenker at punkt.de
Mon Jul 13 15:57:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

* Steffen Müller <typo3 at t3node.com> [090713 15:22]:
> On 13.07.2009 15:09 Wolfgang Zenker wrote:

> > nameserver1.punkt.de is only a secondary DNS.

> whois typo3.org result DNS order:

> Name Server:NAMESERVER1.PUNKT.DE
> Name Server:NS1.SNOWFLAKEHOSTING.CH
> Name Server:NS2.SNOWFLAKEHOSTING.CH

> I'm not sure if this order is relevant, but my DNS-Server uses the upper
> one as primary source to resolve bugs.typo3.org

then your nameserver is broken. I have never heard of a nameserver doing
whois queries to find out which nameserver to ask. What your nameserver
_should_ do is asking the .org nameservers what the nameservers for typo3.org
are. And the .org nameservers return the three nameserver entries in random
order. You can check this if you do

$ dig typo3.org ns @a0.org.afilias-nst.info.

a few times; you will see that you get the answer in different orders
each time.

Regards,
Wolfgang