[TYPO3-typo3org] localizing the com (and org) site

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Fri Oct 24 14:34:39 CEST 2008

Hello typo3org team,

I hope this is now the right place - as was suggested to me (and if not,
sorry, maybe you could inform me where to post this, thank you.)

TYPO3 lacks local sites and this is a major drawback while promoting
TYPO3 (at least in Finland). There is the german site typo3.de ->
http://typo3.com/index.php?id=1221&L=2

This raises the obvious question: could there be other localized
TYPO3.lang sites also?

Like TYPO3.fi -> which would lead to for example
http://typo3.com/index.php?id=1221&L=3

(well, with Finnish more likely L=99 ;)

This would be a great way to make TYPO3 known in non-english-speaking
countries. This would also give more reliable and established "feeling"
of TYPO3 and its suitability for big projects.

(The next step would be to translate/localize org, but that's another
story.)

So, this would need lots of translating, but I'm sure we have what it
takes. What and how should I proceed with this, who should I contact?

Thank you and regards,
Katja Lampela