[TYPO3-typo3org] TER/TPR development

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 5 13:17:08 CET 2008

Hi Robert,

> So in the end, I am the typo3.org maintenance team. But I just can't
> afford investing a lot of time because TYPO3 5.0 has a higher priority.

Yep, this is quite obvious.

> What we need is someone (or a group of people) who

Definitely a group. If it's a single person will end up with the same
problems as today eventually.

>   a) have enough stamina to take care of the current TER backend and
> frontend as well as the new package repository for TYPO3 5.0
>   b) develop good and clean enough to work on such a critical part of
> typo3.org
>   c) love to learn how the TER works behind the scenes and learn
> something about FLOW3
>   d) have enough time for all this - not a lot of time in short-term,
> but medium lot of time in mid-term.
>
> I will meet Thomas Hempel next week to discuss if he can help us out. If
> you're serious and would like to team up or support this in any other
> way (by sponsoring, crossing fingers, ...) please answer in this thread.

I'm quite willing to help but I can't say how much time I might be able
to devolve to that. Doing something with FLOW3 is certainly an incentive...

So whoever does something, at least keep me posted.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter