[TYPO3-typo3org] Single-Signon blocked by ISP

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Jan 30 10:34:44 CET 2008

Hi guys,

I think this is for Sebastian and Ingmar who have set up the SSO feature on
typo3.org and bugs.typo3.org:

I was recently not able to login using SSO to the bugtracker. After some
debugging (fortunately I was able to read the logs on the bugtracker
server) I found out that the client was terminating the connection too
early.

Well, the problem seems to be that the requested URL (when coming back from
typo3.org to bugs.typo3.org) is much too long (it's about 1500 characters
long), and as it seems my ISP is blocking it.

Although the HTTP protocol should not restrict it
(http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.2.1) I think
that this URL should be shortened, or turned into a POST request.

Maybe other people with less debugging possibilities have the same problem?

What do you think? How difficult would it be to change this?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out