[TYPO3-typo3org] support.typo3.org: Lack of response from Alex of TEK Dev in US

Luc de Louw luc.delouw at bit-heads.ch
Sun Nov 25 15:47:43 CET 2007

Dear all,

Michael Cannon wrote:
> Let's not get off-topic here.
>
> The goal of this discussion is to figure out a reasonable solution to
> getting support.typo3.org back online.
>
> Since support.typo3.org was essentially a mailing list forum like
> interface, I don't see a reason why not to stick with that format. It
> allowed the mailing lists to be searched from one search box.
>
> At this point, would it be preferable to ask typo3-jack about being
> the support.typo3.org source?

typo3-jack has (at the moment) only a german interface. It is running
vBulletin®, how skinnable is that kind of software to implement the
t3org look-like? Is it multi-language capable?

> I would think that we can offer them the option to show Google Ads to
> increase their revenue from the increased traffic. We could also
> offer a TYPO3 branding consultation.

I do not like the idea of official t3org sites with ads.

I suggest to move support.typo3.org (the website) to the same server as
the nntp und mailinglists. This means less overhead when sending and
receiving email from/to lists. Even better: support.typo3.org ist would
be the central point of supportive communication.

Thanks,

Luc