[TYPO3-typo3org] [Fwd: Re: [t3a-members] support.typo3.org: Lack of response from Alex of TEK Dev in US]

Luc de Louw luc.delouw at bit-heads.ch
Tue Nov 20 20:12:46 CET 2007

FYI,

Thanks,

Luc

-------- Original Message --------

Michael Cannon wrote:
> This is notice that I've have telephoned and emailed Alex and Michelle
> Heizer of TEK Development in the United States nearly a dozen times over
> the past three weeks. They have not responded a single time.
>
> The reason for my inquiries was for acquiring a status to
> support.typo3.org and see if I could help get this wonderful TYPO3
> resource back online.
>
> I had taken this effort to get support.typo3.org onto myself on behalf
> the more than two dozen varying inquiries to me personally and the TYPO3
> mailing lists lamenting the loss of support.typo3.org. Several of these
> inquires came from North American interests. Our TYPO3 community is
> small and needs all the help it can get, the loss of support.typo3.org
> hurts us all.
>
> Sadly, I think we need to bring support.typo3.org back under Association
> control and put together a few people to try and get a new
> support.typo3.org replacement into place or simply redirect
> support.typo3.org to the English dev list on typo3.org.
>
> Thoughts?

Dear Michael,

I wrote Alex also an Email on 2007-10-16. It seems to be down since mid
of October. Looks like the site is lost and abandoned and should get moved.

AFAIK is was just a web-nntp client. This brings me to the idea of
building up a new site directly on the nntp/mailing list server.

This also would allow to switch the hostname of the mailinglists and the
nntp server to support.typo3.org

Unfortunately I have no clue about the resources needed for the website
and Alex is obviously not reachable. So if netfielders and others agree
I'm going to do some research for a web-application and install it on
lists.netfielders.de. Afterwards, the DNS entry can be changed.

Just an idea...

Thanks,

Luc

PS: Sorry for x-posting, but typo3-team-typo3org list seems to be the
right place for such issues.