[TYPO3-typo3org] TYPO3.org meeting schedule

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] mathias at typo3.org
Fri Jun 1 13:23:37 CEST 2007

ben van 't ende [netcreators] schrieb:
> I feel a bit uncomfortable about the meeting. I have a busy schedule and want to
> know what we'll be doing and at what time we start and end and what subjects
> will be discussed. It does not seem enough just to just say let's meet.
> Matthias! I think you already had a presentation intended for T3DD07 so we could
> start with that. I think things can be dealt with in a day. If there is a second
> day I would like to know the schedule for that day too. If there isn't any
> schedule it does not seem to make any sense to come at all. I have a special
> interest in displaying the documentation on TYPO3.org so I could talk half an
> hour about that.

Maybe I should clarify what the meeting is about (although this has been
done several times already):

Goal of the meeting is to find a way to restructure typo3.org.
This means it is NOT intended to go into detail on a lot of things
(unless there is enough time left).

The basic idea is to drop EVERYTHING and only identify the most
important parts of typo3.org and keping these, thus streamlining the
whole website.

I don't think it is possible to make an strict agenda for the meeting,
since it can happen, that we differ so much on things that what was
intended to take an hour or two might actually take the whole day.

So what I can do is simply write down what points need to be taken care
of (in no particular order):

- Identify the users and their needs
- Identify the most important parts of TYPO3.org (drop the rest)
- Take the information gathered and form a page structure
- Outline applications (just rough ideas)
- Find team leaders

In my perception this is a LOT of stuff to do within two days.

But if you like the agenda idea better you can have the slot from 12:34
- 13:04 on friday ;-)

I hope, you get my point.

all the best
Mathias