[TYPO3-typo3org] support.typo3.org: Lack of response from Alex of TEK Dev in US

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Dec 3 23:29:44 CET 2007

Hi Elmar,

"Elmar Hinz" <elmar07 at googlemail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1195929817.18082.typo3-team-typo3org at lists.netfielders.de...
> Michael Cannon wrote:
>
>> Just stepping back a little here.
>>
>> What is it that we are wanting to accomplish with support.typo3.org?
>>
>> What kind of resource do we want it to be?
>>
>> In the past it was a forum like mailing list aggregator.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> -----
>> Michael Cannon
>> President of Cannonbose, LLC
>> +1 (800) 559-9773   |   +1 (603) 559-9773   |   Fax : +1 (802) 609-2776
>
> Hi,
>
> all this pages have technical solutions to display the lists. So it should
> be really easy.
>
>  http://www.typo3-jack.net : vBulletin®

vBulletin has same problems that i have atm: correct references.
Also some important data are stripped.

>  http://www.nabble.com     : http://www.nabble.com/more/PoweredBy.jtp

looks good - they have tree that is the better structure for newsgroup than
forum.
Do they handle attachements / inline / boundary ?

>  http://www.typo3board.com : phpBB

:-) this looks like mm_forum, but shows all posts in one line of each
newslist - not very comfortable to read.
also no additions.

>  http://typo3.toaster-schwerin.de/ : ???

also old and simple list

>  http://www.typo24.com/2.html : ???

good idea, but unfinished. Navigation fails but good idea to show tree on
top each message.

I looked to many scripts and the biggest problem is the right parsing. The
php-imap-functions deliver a basic standard, but the possibility to
"encapse" a message is large.
I'm on the way.

vg  Steffen