[TYPO3-typo3org] www.typo3.org not valid anything.

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Apr 23 13:16:26 CEST 2007

>> And it's even a smaller deal to just ignore validator warnings as
>> long as the site is up and running fine with almost any browser ...
>> and as you have been told: A self closing tag is not forbidden in
>> HTML 4, so maybe they should check the validator instead ;-)
>
> Not forbidden, but in the head-element it produces real errors:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2007Jan/0097.html
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/empty.html#preface

But again these errors are only "produced" when checking the site with a
validator.
Usually my websites are created for real people and not for a piece of
software that is just checking the code, and real people won't throw any
errors while browsing the site with one of the common user agents.

This is why I think there are more important things to do than removing
stuff for theoretical or cosmetical reasons.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de