[TYPO3-typo3org] TS compiler

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Thu Apr 12 23:09:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

currently I learn how to write compilers. As object of my lessons I have
choosen TypoScript. I can produce the first output now, just the basics of
the TS grammer for now to parse it into a PHP variable.

Is there any interest in a TS compile written in C?

It could be offered as a (faster?) alternative to the standard
PHP-compiler and could by compiled at least for Linux. I guess it should
be possible to port it also for UNIX, Win and MAC OS.

One advantage will be, that it can report warnings like a typical compiler.

If it is successfull, the TSref specification could be implemented, to get
feedback on errors. (As far as TSref is specific enough to do this.)

Regards

Elmar