[TYPO3-typo3org] Quirks mode...

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Sep 27 05:42:39 CEST 2006

Hi,
I just stumbled over the fact that typo3.org is still rendered in
quirks mode in all browsers, because we use HTML 4.0 transitional as a
doctype [1].
I think it would make sense to switch to XHTML 1.0 transitional as a
doctype - because this would then trigger strict mode in the browsers.
Of course such a big change would need to be tested, that's why I
changed the doctype on http://ter.dev.robertlemke.de - it would be
really nice if you could test if there are any errors in rendering,
and afterwards post your results here. After I have enough feedback
I'd like to change typo3.org as well.

Greets, Sebastian

[1] http://hsivonen.iki.fi/doctype/

--