[TYPO3-typo3org] [TYPO3-doc] Re: Re: [TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 09:45:49 CEST 2006

Thanks, just a couple of points.

1) I'll start contributing links and fixes on the wiki at least to start
clearing a few bugs.

2) I have added this text below to the discussion of the wiki docTeam todo
list:

Where can we discuss the structure? Currently the wiki welcome page divides
the audiences into Editors, Administrators and Developers I am all these
things so I don't know where to start looking.

I suggest for the main topics, ie excluding teams etc.

i) Installation
ii) TypoScript
iii) Extensions

For example:

i) Installation and upgrades
This section explores setting up your web server to run TYPO3 effectively.
Advanced topics include security, optimisation and backup/migration

ii) TypoScript and TSconfig
This topic explores the bulk of TYPO3 reference and configuration. Documents
include introductory materials and advanced materials.

iii) Extensions and Development
This topic explores existing extensions and the development of your own
extensions.

iv) Full document / video / tutorial list.
This section is simply a full list of the available resources. Generally
these resources will be linked to from the context of other pages within
this wiki.

v) Projects and Teams
TYPO3 has a wide range of Projects and Teams. This section contains
information if you would like to contribute to a team and information for
team members.

A significant drawback to the current wiki start page is where to look. If I
need more detailed examples of objects from TSref it is not clear where to
start looking. Using my approach idea above it is clearer. A second
significant drawback of the current wiki start page is that documents are
split into many sections Getting Started, Editors, Help, Developers and
Extensions etc...

Matthew

PS. My motivation? I want to see the wiki or some other part of TYPO3
contain a well structured repository for code snippets on specific
TypoScript objects. Basically a greater detail than TSref. This will help
me to research and solve my TS problems quicker by utilising the
contributed code snippets from others.