[TYPO3-typo3org] Bug with .tx-terfe-pi1 pre (line 267)?

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Sat Sep 16 14:05:08 CEST 2006

Looking at the file view in the repository I get the code cropped because
the css element is fixed width.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/tt_news/2.4.0/info/class.ext_update.php/

This is only really noticeable when you increase the browser font size which
I do a lot using CTRL+mousewheel

The result is cropped source code.

It looks like the css .tx-terfe-pi1 pre is bugging out although it is set to
auto (line 267)? Browser FF 1.5.0.6 (LINUX)

Current:
.tx-terfe-pi1 pre {
margin: 1em 0;
border: 1px solid #CADFC2;
background-color: #f9f9f9;
padding: 0.5em;
overflow:auto;
width: 99%;
}

Comment out the overflow and it lets the code break out of the box. Messy
but works.
/*overflow:auto;*/

Set the overflow to scroll and at least the scroll bars show within the
defined box width.
/*overflow:scroll;*/

So it seems that defining the overflow to scroll is the most consistent and
allows the design of the page to remain intact and allows me to see the
full width of long code lines.

Who is responsible to make this change?

Matthew