[TYPO3-typo3org] [TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Sat Sep 16 09:07:09 CEST 2006

>> There are a lot of recources of code snippets around. Maybe the first
>> "job" should be making them more easy accessible from typo3.org. Today
>> they are hidden under the name of other recources. Phase two, making a
>> code snippets repository. But it's not enough to have snippets, they
>> also has to be documented in a proper way.

> right now i think that many people try to setup a personal snippets
> repositary.. maybe to have some traffic.. or maybe because a central
> "official" one doens't still exists.

> i agree that a proper Snippets respositary should be developed.. maybe
> someone is willing to sponsor it (by developing it :)

As I see it the hardest part is:

1) Defining the structure for it in such a way as it can self-organise the
content into reasonably self contained topics. These could simply follow
the TYPO3 top level object hierarchy.

2) Allowing the contributions to be as easy as possible and ideally in the
current workflow of the TYPO3 community. In my mind this would be something
like the old page annotations or using the wiki.

The original page annotations achieved all of this. The snippets were in the
context of the official documentation and easy to contribute and searchable
on typo3.org

Joey just released a solution to combine both cached and non cached plugin
elements see Dev list subject Re: [TYPO3-dev] COA_INT in extension ? Dated
Friday 15 September 2006 14:04:31

Does this not solve the old problem of caching on typo3.org?

Matthew