[TYPO3-typo3org] TYPO3 Jive support forum

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Fri Sep 15 11:06:43 CEST 2006

Hi Ingmar,

Things have been crazy around here lately.

I've pointed the subdomain http://support.typo3.org to the forum, so it
will be just a matter of setting up the DNS records. So whoever can set
those up for the .org DNS can contact me and we can work out the
details. Then, people should be able to get to the forum at both
support.typo3.us and support.typo3.org. The actual address for the forum
is on port 8080, and I put in a redirect in htaccess which I'll set up
for .org, but the site will be accessible once an A record is set up to
point to our server.

Who's in charge of that?

Alex

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> good to hear from you again!
>
> What do you think would be the next steps to get Jive onto a typo3.org
> subdomain?
>
> cheers
> Ingmar
>
> Alex Heizer schrieb:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Thank you, Ingmar, for the kudos on the new look. Michelle turned the
>> typo3.org design into a liquid layout which gives the wider forum
>> content a little more breathing room.
>>
>> As a few of you know by now, Michelle is leaving the community, and
>> unspoken was the assumption I would too. The Jive forum located at
>> http://support.typo3.us has already been very popular (the last week I
>> looked at showed around 2000 unique visitors for that week alone!), and
>> it's been steadily downloading all of the messages from the newsgroups
>> that I set up connectors for. Also, Chris Page got a great start on a
>> knowledgebase on the original typo3.us site project, and we'll get it
>> manually moved into the forum. Is there any way to access the old
>> mailing list archive HOWTO and FAQ sections? Maybe those can be
>> incorporated, too.
>>
>> Jive graciously donated the software for the forum, and it's proving
>> itself to be very useful to the community even without a public release.
>>  It would be good for the community to be able to continue to have this
>> available and public. Since it's already up and running on our server,
>> we'd be happy to continue hosting it and help to get the single-sign-on
>> set up to connect with the rest of typo3.org. Just let me know what kind
>> of access you'll need to work on the connector and I'll set you up.
>>
>> If anyone has any questions, please let me know. I think this can
>> continue to be a really great thing for the community!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alex

The tekdevelopment team
http://www.tekdevelopment.com