[TYPO3-typo3org] TYPO3 Jive support forum

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Fri Sep 15 07:56:15 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Ingmar, for the kudos on the new look. Michelle turned the
typo3.org design into a liquid layout which gives the wider forum
content a little more breathing room.

As a few of you know by now, Michelle is leaving the community, and
unspoken was the assumption I would too. The Jive forum located at
http://support.typo3.us has already been very popular (the last week I
looked at showed around 2000 unique visitors for that week alone!), and
it's been steadily downloading all of the messages from the newsgroups
that I set up connectors for. Also, Chris Page got a great start on a
knowledgebase on the original typo3.us site project, and we'll get it
manually moved into the forum. Is there any way to access the old
mailing list archive HOWTO and FAQ sections? Maybe those can be
incorporated, too.

Jive graciously donated the software for the forum, and it's proving
itself to be very useful to the community even without a public release.
  It would be good for the community to be able to continue to have this
available and public. Since it's already up and running on our server,
we'd be happy to continue hosting it and help to get the single-sign-on
set up to connect with the rest of typo3.org. Just let me know what kind
of access you'll need to work on the connector and I'll set you up.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. I think this can
continue to be a really great thing for the community!

Cheers,
Alex