[TYPO3-typo3org] Performance

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Wed Oct 25 15:40:23 CEST 2006

Hello Dmitry, Allan, Robert,

> 20 people want to see a page from our website (..)
> references to css and images, so shortly there are 5 connections (..)
> If we have squid in front of the webserver all 100 connections are
> handled by 1 process, and it serves the images and css from cache most
> of the time, so it is only 1/5 of the connections that reach apache, (..)
> At work we have 5000-10000 connections at peak hours, and I have never
> seen more than 50 apaches running at the same time.

hey, that's really great. squid is a really good one, with it several
servers with TYPO3 on it can care for the main work. So it should not be
a problem to use many dynamic features of TYPO3 for typo3.org.

For the database one server must be enough ;-) otherwise there would be
big problems with sychronization.

I found a nice diagram via the english wikipedia about squid:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/cms/rhea-dpg-cms-en-6.1/ch-arch.html

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler