[TYPO3-typo3org] Consolidate - don't divide?

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Fri Oct 20 10:23:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

Is someone considering using another CMS for the .com and .org sites?
That would be stupid. :)

But to answer your question, CHC forum doesn't have the breadth or depth
of features that Jive does, and Jive's been used in implementations with
tens of thousands of users and millions of posts. If it's something that
must run in TYPO3, then how do we motivate contributions to CHC forum so
that it has the features needed to support the community? The same with
the wiki, and why not also Mailman?

Sometimes using a competitor's product for a period of time can give
valuable real-world experiences which we can use to see how we can
improve what we create. Just like Microsoft using UNIX for their Hotmail
servers, they were able to see what worked and what needed to be
improved to bring their Windows servers up to an acceptable level of
performance and reliability (at least that's what they say, anyway).

Alex