[TYPO3-typo3org] Almost final call on "musts" and "nice-to-haves"

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Fri Oct 20 02:36:38 CEST 2006

> So, are we almost done? Everyone has had a chance now to add their
> favourite feature or bugfix and help prioritize them, so it looks much
> better than I heard from the rumors...

well.. i had a few more things... ^_^

as MUST:

1) PDF document renderer... it was said it was to come as a plugin of the new doc render engine...

right now we can have .sxw (needs the big OpenOffice to be read) or DocBook (that i was not able to read on mac)
see http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/
i, and i am not the only one, love PDF manuals.
this feature would:
bring the document repositary to pro, and user friendly, level...

as PLUS:

2) a sitetree (since the typo3.org structure is HUGE and many parts are scattered around...)
easy to do (with the dropdown_sitemap ext?).. could stay in the footer?
3) some improvement in the CSS: like a dotted horizontal line between news in home page (and in every news list).

4) the Who's who.. like at the old 3.8 times: a list of all active typo3 users with their little photo ^_^

http://typo3.org/community/people/

this would really show the big typo3 community (i really like your pages, kasper, but now at first sight it looks like it's only you in the community! :)

this is really all, from my point of view

ciao
stefano