[TYPO3-typo3org] extensions dissapearing from TER2
robert at typo3.org
Sun Oct 15 17:56:13 CEST 2006
Am 14.10.2006 um 16:25 schrieb Michael Scharkow:
>> Decision, which is known only to selected group of people. I heard it
>> for the first time right now, for example. How many other people are
>> unaware of the decision that impacts them? :)
> A decision that was not made nor even endorsed by me. In fact, I still
> think treating documentation as extensions is not-such-a-good idea.
Yes, currently extensions act as a container for other things too,
including documentation. This might lead to confusion and that's why
I have the following in mind for the time when 5.0 is out (because
then we'll need a TER 3.0):
- The TER will be called "TYPO3 Package Repository"
- Packages are general container which can contain
- meta data
- components (currently called "extensions")
- resources (pictures, xml files ... usually used by components)
- includes manual, help files etc.
- skins, templates, ... whatever
But I don't think that we urgently need to change something now.
More information about the TYPO3-team-typo3org