[TYPO3-typo3org] extensions dissapearing from TER2

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sun Oct 15 17:56:13 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

Am 14.10.2006 um 16:25 schrieb Michael Scharkow:

>> Decision, which is known only to selected group of people. I heard it
>> for the first time right now, for example. How many other people are
>> unaware of the decision that impacts them? :)
>
> A decision that was not made nor even endorsed by me. In fact, I still
> think treating documentation as extensions is not-such-a-good idea.

Yes, currently extensions act as a container for other things too,
including documentation. This might lead to confusion and that's why
I have the following in mind for the time when 5.0 is out (because
then we'll need a TER 3.0):

- The TER will be called "TYPO3 Package Repository"
- Packages are general container which can contain
   - meta data
   - components (currently called "extensions")
   - localization
   - resources (pictures, xml files ... usually used by components)
   - documentation
     - includes manual, help files etc.
   - skins, templates, ... whatever

But I don't think that we urgently need to change something now.

robert
http://typo3.org/gimmefive