[TYPO3-typo3org] RSS Feed

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Nov 21 13:11:38 CET 2006

Hello !

ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:

> Heyla,
>
> Ofcourse the right place for this would be on TYPO3.org. I have already
> asked Bernard if we could use that on TYPO3.org. I think the man is on a
> sabbatical right now.

I made a tar.gz package out of the t3ext2rss tool now. You can download it
from here:

http://think-open.org/kraftb/t3ext2rss.tar.gz

If you install it you have to create a database table like described in the
.mysql file in the extracted directory. The .mysql file contains a whole
dump of my current database with about 4000 entries of changed extensions.

You have to set the db-user/pass in the file conf/main.php at the very bottom.

You can then run the script "fetch.php" from every location - this will fetch
the newest extensions from typo3.org/extensions .... you should put a call to
this script into crontab and let it get executed every hour or so ... (i call
it every 4 hours - i wrote this script at the times typo3.org was much slower)

But I still think it would be a much cleaner way to attach the RSS directly to
the TER ... Doesn't TER use simple HTML templates ? Could you send me such a template
and I could get it to output RSS ...

Then you would just have to set a type=123 for the latest extensions list and let it
use this other HTML template in this case. then a simple disableAllHeaders = 1 and you
get plain RSS ...

greets,
Bernhard