[TYPO3-typo3org] [ANN] Public beta test for TER2 ratings and frontend

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Thu May 25 16:17:32 CEST 2006

>> You might be right. Time will tell. I hope that the notes for the
>> ratings will be a big plus for people searching for extensions to know
>> if the extension will fulfill their goal or not.
>
> Yes, we all hope that and I am quite confident that they will.

Great :-)

>> I don't remember - but are there thought about each extension having a
>> forum or comments(guestbook like) not bound to version numbers?
>
> We've had that in the old TER but it was rarely used (my perception) and

I know. But there might be reasons as why it wasn't used much?
Etc. in the old forum, was the extension owner alerted when someone had
written something in the forums?

> discontinued by Robert who started the new ter_fe. I think the lists are
> just the right place for such discussions.

I don't think that I agree in this point of view. At least not when we
speak of the smaller extensions which don't have their own lists. If
someone mentions or comments an extension on the english list etc.,
there is a big risc that it will not be noticed by the people who has
the knowledge of this extension.
Even if a succesful discussion has happened, it will quickly drown in
the mass. That's why I think it would be nice if extensions had their
own forums.
Also I think that much of communications that goes through the "Feedback
email channel" could just as well have gone through a forum for the
extension. As I think that many of feedback talks could be interesting
for many T3 users.

I know that you probably also have to worry about the typo3.org site not
being too heavy. But that's not my job ;-)

/Stig