[TYPO3-typo3org] [ANN] Public beta test for TER2 ratings and frontend

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Sun May 7 13:14:32 CEST 2006

Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:
> Hi,
> First of all - nice! :-)
> I just shortly noticed that the comments can be _very_ long... Maybe you
> should limit this to a certain length, and display the rest in a popup,
> as the whole layout is destroyed when very long comments are entered -
> try it for yourself.

Hi Sebastian,

do you mean comments in ratings, or upload comments? The comments in
ratings do make the rows larger but do not break the layout. I've some
hope that I can make the other table columns shorter by

a) removing the version column, and only colorize row that rate older
versions

b) replacing the somewhat verbose rating dimensions either with
something shorter or even with an icon. Unfortunately, I am not very
creative when it comes to UI labeling and stuff. Maybe somebody can help
there.

I expect that the comments column will make up approx. one half of the
table width, and I can of course tell people to keep it short (or
enforce this in the textarea...)

Greetings,
Michael

PS: Can you help with adjusting the typo3.org CSS to be static for 1024
rather than 800px? The issue has been somewhat forgotten, but needs to
be addressed because TER FE needs space, and simply enlarging the fixed
layout is least invasive, so Rasmus and Ben don't complain too much...