[TYPO3-typo3org] TERdesign reconditioned

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Mon Mar 13 11:54:11 CET 2006

Michael Scharkow wrote:

 > the above view will never be used in full list, as I stated here
 > more than once,

sorry - I missed it somehow

 > because with 1000+ extensions, the page would be some kilometres long.

right - that was my concern too

 > It will be used in search results, most popular and most recent views,
 > and as part of the single view for any extension. All these are views
 > that we expect or guarantee to be =< 20 items.

=<20 items at one page of result? I mean - are the result browsable?
What if I would like to see result from 20 to 40 'most downloaded' view?
Will this be possible?

 > The compact list consists currently of title, extkey, state, last
 > upload, manual link and is a simple table.

I would propose other field in 'compact view' then:
1) Title
2) Most downloaded
3) Popularity
4) Last upload
5) Manual link

and that could be sortable by any of the filed. That list provides some
usability.

I know it doubles functionality of other views but in the 'compact list'
you have proposed only sort by "last update" would be useful IMHO.

What for is 'compact list'?

Can someone give me example how 'compact list' in current state would be
useful for him?

--
Krystian