[TYPO3-typo3org] TER FE enhancements

Thu Mar 9 20:15:28 CET 2006

Robert Lemke schrieb:
>  > 2. Remove the icons from list view as 80% are useless, and they hurt
>  > page loading time and the server load a lot.
>
> Hmm, personally I would like to keep the icon as I like them but if nobody
> else feels the same, remove them. I feel that TYPO3.org has a lot of text
> already and the icons give a personal note the otherwise quite cold technical
> information about extensions.

I just tested it. Without caching it took me 39 seconds to load the
full list with icons for the first time. Repeated calls *without*
caching brings it down to 12 seconds on my connection. With caching it
still takes 6 seconds to connect all icons.

Plain text, even very long texts come within 1.5 seconds.

/el