[TYPO3-typo3org] Joining the content working group

Marion Seitz seitz at cvjm.de
Fri Jun 9 14:39:54 CEST 2006

Hello everybody!

I have been working with TYPO3 for quite some time - and I love it! That's
why typo3.org has been one of my most important bookmarks for many months
now.

However, more and more often the following happens: I want to find out about
some particular TYPO3 "problem", go onto typo3.org, find a promising looking
page, follow a promising looking link - and am lost because of non-existing
or confusing content.

Example: http://typo3.org/teams/typo3org/working-groups/content/
When you follow the link "mailing list" you find a page where it says
"Content: The editorial part of TYPO3.org and its subsites is written
managed by the Content working group. They gladly accept suggestions, new
articles and welcome long term contributors. Content working group contacts"
- and then: nothing. No name, no mail address... What a pity. Lost again.

Another example: http://typo3.org/development/projects/teams-and-projects/.
Here it says "This page lists teams and projects for TYPO3."
Well, to be honest: looking at the navigation I do find projects - but
teams? Where are they? Certainly not where they are supposed to be according
to the statement "This page lists teams and projects for TYPO3."

On top of that I regularly find pages within typo3.org that make me think:
AAAAH - what a bad example for a website as far as usability is concerned.
This does not reflect all the wonderful work the huge TYPO3-team is doing
all the time.

Meanwhile I do find this quite frustrating - and a shame. I am sure that
whoever is editing typo3.org at the moment does have plenty to do and that
there is simply not enough time to do all the necessary updates.

Of course - I might just be particularly sensitive because I have been
working as web editor for more than six years now. And because of this I'd
love to join the TYPO3 content working group (if there is one). I'd love to
constructively improve the typo3.org-site by editing, proof reading and
suchlike.

Anybody out there who can tell me what to do or whom I should contact?

All the best

Marion

Marion Seitz
Web Editor