[TYPO3-typo3org] little rant about TER captcha (but not only)

Fri Jul 28 10:32:28 CEST 2006

Thomas Hempel wrote:
> Of course. But what is if you write the question onto a picture. Than
> it's much harder to recognize AND you have to have a brain in your bot
> *AND* it's still easy readable for humans.
>
> Call it a combination of classic captchas and ASCII questions.

Hi Thomas,

it is not as secure as a classic captcha because of the missing bluring, so
that machines still can read the text out of the picture. But it is
unlikely that someone would programm such a script to hack a single site.
As soon as it would be a mass product I am sure it would be spammed sooner
or later.

Regards

Elmar