[TYPO3-typo3org] little rant about TER captcha (but not only)

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Jul 28 09:08:57 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

Am 28.07.2006 um 02:01 schrieb Michael Stucki:

>> How should this someone protect from spam? Are the bots not able to
>> check a checkbox? Or imitate the corresponding _GET or _POST vars?
>
> The point is that bots have no brain. Try to make use of that.
>
> So what about this:
> Write "24" here: __________

Then I write a script which fills in "24" into that field and sends
tons of spam. Of course I have to write such a script, but I don't
like the idea that it's possible to send automated spam at all.

But I agree that the captcha image is really of a poor quality.
Fortunately this is a task which is totally independent from other
TYPO3.org development, so if someone volunteers for creating a better
solution - just go ahead, I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers,
robert

PS: I'm sorry, too, that not much has happened at typo3.org the last
months but also volunteer work needs a break every now and then.
Currently I am cleaning up in a way that should make it possible for
others to develop for typo3.org, too. I will hopefully finish that
until the T3DD06. Those who are interested can join us for getting a
backstage insight and for having a code sprint.

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development