[TYPO3-typo3org] little rant about TER captcha (but not only)

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Fri Jul 21 20:22:29 CEST 2006

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> stefano cecere wrote:
>> excuse me but i have to do:
>>
>> <little rant>
>>
>> until december i used to give a lot of feedback to ext developers..
>> since the new TER, and that unreadable "captcha".. i keep being refused
>> because i can't read the right code..
>> it ends out that 90% times i give up and trash my good written feedback
>> with some angriness!
>
> Just a tip:
>
> Whenever I try to contact a developer of another extension or such I try to
> look up his name in the Mailinlist archives/newsgroups before I start to send
> him a mail using the typo3.org contact formular.

you are right, Bernhard..
but you know it's more work (go find the name, start an email, copy the name of the extension and so on...)
and i like shortcuts

> > Most of the extension developers have showed up some time at the newsgroups so
> you will find the email of most of them here.

this is a good workaround yes..
i gave my rant because it's the only thing in typo3 that really makes me angry:
"please let me know what you think"..ok here it is my feedback
"yes but now i won't let you send it because you have to guess the secret password"

aha hah really looks like a satanic joke! :D

ps: anyway as michael suggested, i'll istall TER_FE on my server and begin to tweak it, then send diff in the bugtracker (as i learned to do with other core bugs)

thanks for the replies
good weekend everybody!
stefano