[TYPO3-typo3org] TYPO3 Jive support forum

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Sun Jul 2 21:00:38 CEST 2006

Alex Heizer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The support forum that I had set up for the TYPO3 community is mostly
> ready to go at http://support.typo3.us .

Great, I already feared that this was another unfinished business.
Thanks a lot for the work!

> - Currently this forum is at http://support.typo3.us -- where should it
> eventually go? And if it should go on a typo3.org subdomain, when should
> we set up the domain parking, before or after the beta period? I
> personally would recommend 'http://support.typo3.org', but that's just
> my preference.

+1 for support.typo3.org, sounds nice

> - Do we also want a separate knowledgebase subdomain in addition to a
> forum one?

I think a prominent front-page link in the forum is fine.

> - The forum has the default design, but we plan to use the typo3.org
> design to coordinate (modified to accommodate the forum's wider content
> area).

Since TER FE needs a wider layout as well, let's see whether we can
persuade the designers to use a fixed 1024 layout instead the 800px one
for all of *.org

Greetings,
Michael