[TYPO3-typo3org] Upload with EM1 to TER2: SOAP fault (VersionMismatch: Wrong Version)

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sat Feb 25 23:45:50 CET 2006

Hi folks,

the last few hours I've been debugging the EM1 upload to the TER2 SOAP
server. Currently, when you try to upload an extension, the server (I
think) throws the following exception:

        VersionMismatch: Wrong Version

Now, the weird thing is that if I upload an extension from my local server
(with EM1) to my local installation of TYPO3.org it works! The main
difference between the installations is that I run PHP 5.0.5-2ubuntu1.1 and
at our live servers we run a php 5.1.2 on FreeBSD.

When I upload an extension from EM2 on my local server to the SOAP server at
the live TYPO3.org installtion, it works!

Background information about the upload from EM1: The old extension manager
sends its request via POST to typo3.org (ter.typo3.com to be exact) and
there it is converted into a SOAP call (in the extension "extrep") which
accesses the TER2 SOAP server. The SOAP client code (building of
parameters, soap call) in extrep is exactly the same like the SOAP client
code in EM2.

Therefore I've got the feeling that either the SOAP client doesn't want to
speak with the SOAP server on that particular server or the exception
message is just wrong and the request is somehow broken.

I already made sure that SOAP client and server are initialized with the
same version, something like

   $client = new SoapClient("tx_ter.wsdl", array('soap_version'  =>
SOAP_1_2));

I tried SOAP_1_1 and SOAP_1_2 for both, client and server.

BTW, here's the request header:

POST /index.php?id=ter HTTP/1.1
Host: ter.typo3.com
Connection: Keep-Alive