[TYPO3-typo3org] Joint development of typo3.org CSS in the WIKI

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Thu Feb 16 14:24:28 CET 2006

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] schrieb:
>>
>>> There is nothing in these designs that has not been well thought about, so
>>> please don't try to "improve" it, but use your CSS knowledge to give us a
>>> zoom-effect etc.
>> Only zooming the actual layout bigger will not make more information
>> available at a glance. Please keep in mind that developers typically don't
>> buy bigger monitors to avoid glasses, but to get more information on
>> screen.
>
> That's right, it was only an example of a possible development goal.
> However, rgearding the fixed width debate: it is important to seek (and
> find) a solution that will keep the similarity between .org and .com.
> If we can't find a solution that looks right for both, it's not a solution.

i propose a css switcher:
from the actual fixed 800px (that i like very much) to the dynamic full window width.
but i never did it in typo3 - don't know the technicals difficulties

PROPOSAL:
i've just tried to center the main container and to take off those 10 white px to the right..
for me it's very much nicer!

give it a look:
http://www.terra2.it/fileadmin/typo3_com_centered.png

stefano