[TYPO3-typo3org] chat interface on typo3.org

Sacha Vorbeck info at unlimited-vision.net
Mon Feb 6 13:43:00 CET 2006

Hi,

> we cannot use this chat because it has no IRC interface.
> +1 for using CGIIRC (didn't find a PHP solution yet, suggestions
> welcome) or/and a java applet on chat.typo3.org
>
> Who could maybe take care of it and contact the appropriate persons?

I think I can help here. We would need a piece of code that uses the
TYPO3.org username + maybe a random number for the authentification when
connecting to the freenode server. The pjirc java-applet supports some
auto-commands so it is possible that the chat window automatically
switches to the #typo3 channel. All the user will have to do is to log
in on typo3.org and open the chat page.

To start developement I need to know how user data is stored on typo3.org.

--
Ciao,
Sacha