[TYPO3-typo3org] Making obsolete and removing from TER

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Aug 28 13:14:16 CEST 2006

Hi Rupert,

Am 27.08.2006 um 09:39 schrieb Rupert Germann:

> Please leave it as it is. I remember a huge discussion a long time
> ago when
> many people asked "I uploaded a new version of my extension (or a
> completely new extension with version 0.0.1) and don't see it in
> TER" - so
> Robert changed this behaviour to let the TER1 show also dev
> versions as
> new. TER2 is doing the same and I think everyone - exept Tapio - is
> happy
> with this and can use this feature as it is intended.

Yes, please.

> But I also miss the feature of deleting extensions which was
> possible in
> TER1. Having this again would be a big help for the security team.

True, the security team and members of the typo3.org webmaster team
should be able to easily delete extensions. However, I'm still
convinced that it makes sense keeping all other versions. Why not
just mark them as "obsolete" if you don't need them anymore?

--
robert
http://typo3.org/gimmefive