[TYPO3-typo3org] Authentication against typo3.org fe_users
michael at typo3.org
Tue Aug 22 23:09:38 CEST 2006
I suggest we split this subject into two tasks and add them to the
volunteers list on typo3.org.
1) LDAP evaluation
- Check if LDAP is really needed or if plain SQL authentication would be
sufficient for the projects mentioned below
- If LDAP is needed: Move fe_users of typo3.org into an LDAP repository
=> needs support from punkt.de who are probably familar with LDAP
2) Migration of trusted components
- Change typo3.org to do LDAP authentication
- Change INN (news server) to do LDAP authentication
- Change issue tracker (Mantis/Trac?) to do LDAP authentication
- Change Wiki (MediaWiki/Trac?) to do LDAP authentication
Btw. I think that this makes only sense for centralizing the authentication
but not the levels of authorisation.
Robert Lemke wrote:
> Hi Michael,
> Am 06.05.2006 um 14:24 schrieb Michael Stucki:
>> - One connection per login is too much in my case of a newsserver
>> authentication. My leafnode client for example fetches all news
>> every 15
>> minutes. It would make much sense to cache the login data for some
>> => Why not just make a daily SQL dump, upload it to the newsserver,
>> and have
>> INN read from there?
>> Would that be possible?
> yes, but before we do that: isn't there an easy but more general
> solution for this like using an LDAP server? I don't have much
> experience with LDAP but I imagine that exporting the users from
> TYPO3.org to LDAP and using that for INN would be quite useful (if
> it's possible).
> Does anyone have the knowledge to comment on this or even implement
> it for us?
Use a newsreader! Check out
More information about the TYPO3-team-typo3org