[TYPO3-typo3org] How to make private repository ?

Wolfgang Zenker zenker at punkt.de
Fri Aug 18 18:02:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

* Allan Jacobsen <allan.j at cobsen.dk> [060818 17:12]:
> I am trying to make a private repository, and have found the documentation at
> http://typo3.org/teams/typo3org/documents/ter-20/page/2/ but any atempt to
> rsync from repositories.typo3.org prompts a password, so it seems the
> documentation is not correct ?

you may have overlooked this text on the page:
: The feature for creating private repositories is meant for sharing
: extensions within a small group of people, it is not meant to replace
: or duplicate the official repository on typo3.org which should always
: stay the main resource for extensions. This is important as it is the
: only way to achieve some degree of quality assurance by the review
: process and avoid scattering of TYPO3 resources in general.

In short: you are not supposed to rsync from repositories.typo3.org;
private repositories are for your private extensions only.
Downloading extensions from repositories.typo3.org creates load on that
server, and for that reason rsync is currently possible for registered
mirrors only. This might change at some time in the future, but at the
moment please use the public mirrors for public extensions.

Wolfgang