[TYPO3-typo3org] Extension ratings: Pros and Cons

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Thu Aug 17 14:06:56 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow schrieb:
> Stig Nørgaard Færch schrieb:
>
>> Also I thought it shouldn't be possible for the extension owner to
>> rate his own extension. But that is possible...
>
> Not that I'd expect anyone except complete idiots to do this, but I'll
> have a look at that bug.

Okay, I found it. It turns out I should check ownerusername instead of
author because that's the actual id. That means that author names are
not checked, so if you're are an author but not the owner of the extkey,
you'll be able to rate.

I really would like to turn off the whole check for a while and have a
little experiment of how many people actually rate their own extensions,
and whether they are nice self-critical guys like Ernesto, or just plain
idiots. Should be interesting, and I can still throw them all out with
one SQL statement ;)

Does anybody object to leaving self-ratings open for a while?

Cheers,
Michael