[TYPO3-typo3org] Extension ratings: Pros and Cons

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Tue Aug 15 11:39:41 CEST 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb:

> Here are some solutions to prevent this problem:
> - Introduce "trusted" reviewers whose reviews appear always
> - Remove the limit

I could easily remove the limit, so that's my preferred solution, if we
need one. Since we display the number of votes anyway, anybody can judge
for himself if he'd trust one single rating.

On the other hand, I tend to see this as a security hole which is
explicitly opened by the extension. In this case you might consider
removing the ext altogether because it compromises TYPO3 security...

Cheers,
Michael