[TYPO3-typo3org] New page, new image

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 16:33:32 CEST 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 04:33:03 -0400, Sebastian Kurfuerst
<sebastian at garbage-group.de> wrote:

> Hi list,
> I added a new page: http://typo3.org/community/irc-chat/ , and a new
> image at http://typo3.org/community/about/ . All these images are
> royality-free, and we can use them without any problems.
> During the next days, I plan to add some more images to typo3.org "to
> make it a bit more human" (to quote Patrick Gaumond ;) )
>
> Greets, Sebastian

Hello,

Good job! I don't want to nag, but the English isn't really that great in
places. Here is a revision:
-----------
TYPO3 has a large and growing community of users worldwide. The majority
(was: main load) of users seems to be from Germany for some reason not
totally discovered yet. Somebody has said that it must be because Germans
have this sense for quality... :-)

Anyway, (was:Anyways, and no comma) we are ultimately neither based in
Germany nor Denmark, but internationally. The official TYPO3 language
(apart from TypoScript...) is English. All communication on developer
level is required to be in English, that's how we build a shared base of
information for everyone to use.
--------------
Second paragraph in 'Activities':

---------------
The TYPO3 Extension Repository (TER) is the backbone of contribution.
Extensions are (was: is) a far-reaching concept allowing people to
contribute everything from highly complex additions or modifications to
TYPO3 to simple skins or documentation and tutorials. The TER also offer a
possibility to not get lost in this huge project since you can clearly
identify the parts of TYPO3 interesting to you and then communicate
directly with people of similar interest.
---------------

And the last paragraph:

-----------------
User groups are emerging in ('in' was missing) many places, (one 'in' too
much) particularly (missing 'ly') in Germany. See this page for (was:
about. I think 'for' sounds a little better) TYPO3 User Groups (TUGs).
Please also tell us if you take (are taking? or will take? or want to
take?) some public initiative. If you are planning TYPO3 related one-off
meetings or seminars, let us know as well (moved 'as well' to the end),
and we will (added 'we will', since not every one can add news) publish
the news on this site!

I also added or moved some commas here and there. :)

Good job on the IRC!

Christoph