[TYPO3-typo3org] New page, new image

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Apr 18 15:05:08 CEST 2006

Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb am 18.04.2006 14:34:

> I'd like some more opinions on this - I think, removing the drop shadow
> would be the easiest solution. Anyways, it looks nicely - If we can keep
> it generally, this would be nice, too. Any more comments, maybe can we
> do the drop shadow on the server somehow? Suggestions?
>
> Btw - I'd like to add some more images - if you have suggestions for
> them, please post them to the list - as well as other suggestions :)

I would say: let TYPO3 add the shadows. This can probably be
accomplished by image frames. Jo Schneider already seems to have
prepared mask/bottom files that can be used to generate such an effect,
right? If this is the case, the content author just has to select "Frame
1" (or rename that to "With Shadow") and it will be added automatically
on the server and cached (typo3temp).

An alternative, which would require some of the CSS-wizards, is to have
the shadow added through CSS. The author would just tick the "border"
checkbox, which adds some classes around the image block and can then be
styled though CSS (a drop shadow now, some "other effect" if the next
design requires it).

And btw, the content author should also add alt and title information
for the images, so we can "show off" some of the accessibility
possibilities of TYPO3 4.0. :)

ALT: alternative to the image, so if one cannot see the image (e.g.
screen reader for a blind person), what would be the best way to
describe the picture in words?

TITLE: I wouldn't use it on images, except if the images link to some
other page. Then the title should describe where the link would lead us to.

Cheers,
Ernesto